For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:12
I believe in spiritual battles. In fact I believe Satan, the father of confusion, sees to confuse us, to make us think it's God. Sometimes it is, because we are promised trials in this life. But God promises He will see us through, Satan makes us believe we are alone in our struggle. God impressed upon my heart, the following verse: "If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." Rom. 12:18
As an attorney, there is a tendency for strife. I have always thought that I was mismatched to my profession. I do not like the fight; I will not back down from one but I have always tried to achieve as much peace and unity, knowing in the end that I always look for a win-win.
I seek peace. I crave it. It is the order of the Universe. Maybe I have finally figured that peace is love and drama, well, drama is just drama. This sums up how I feel; I found this on a website:
To be a lover of and worker after peace is one of the distinguishing marks of those who are followers of the Prince of peace. That miracle of grace which has made them at peace with God causes them to regard their fellows with sincere benevolence, desiring to promote their best interests, both here and hereafter. It is their care, so much as in them lies, to live peaceably with all men, and therefore do they abstain from deliberate injury of others. In each relationship they occupy—domestic, social, ecclesiastical—it is their desire and endeavour to prevent and allay strife. They are lovers of concord, promoters of unity, healers of breaches. They delight to pour oil on troubled waters, to reconcile those who are estranged, to right wrongs, to strengthen the kindly ties of friendship.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment