Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Beginnings

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 2 Corinthians 5:17

A new year! We all make resolutions, but studies show we fall off the wagon. The reasons: we try the same old same old and we try to do it alone. But we are not alone, for we have the One who can change us, help us with our resolve. In fact, religion contributes to self control, which is necessary to keep resolutions.

The last year has been an interesting one. I became single, I learned to stand up to bullies, I learned that I could live alone and "gasp" like it. I had triumphs (divorce was finally over) and loss (my precious kitty, Jessie). I had injury (surgery) and healing (restoring relationships with my children).

As the new year dawns and I become another year older (Jan. 4), I long for peace and serenity in my life. The last year has helped me to focus on what is really important in life. The last year has helped me to learn to release those things I cannot change.

Out with the old!

In with the new. It is now time to refocus and redouble my efforts to live a true, authentic life. It's time to break out and live the life that God intended me to live.

No comments: