I replied, “But my work seems so useless!
I have spent my strength for nothing and to no purpose.
Yet I leave it all in the LORD’s hand;
I will trust God for my reward.” [Isaiah 49:4]
I came across this word today. It's amazing how the Holy Spirit reaches out and touches us when we need it the most. As I was reflecting on the troubling events of last Thursday, I thought how hard we worked on this case and how poorly the ultimate end result was. But as the servant said in Isaiah, "I will trust God for my reward". Because isn't that really what its all about? It's really not about me. My role was to do the best job I could do. The rest is up to God.
I am thankful that I found public interest law. For the vast majority of my career, I practiced in an area of the law that I didn't really like, that I felt served no true purpose. Since finding this job, I regret that I didn't find it sooner. I think it was because I had the wrong idea about success. In my mind success was all about money and prestige. But I found that to be so lacking and so hollow. I feel so much more fulfilled. I'm so thankful that God sent me to the state. He answered my prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment