Sunday, November 23, 2008

Stop Talking to me!

Listening to the message, God sometimes speaks to me...I can look at Joyce Meyer and she'll be talking to me too! The message was concerning evangelism and the Pastor quoted this verse:

I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. Matthew 10:16

Why is this relevant? In the last 2 years I have had the occasion to meet 2 people who claim to be atheist. One person, I interact with frequently and was somewhat surprised, although it explains a very scary dream I had after a particularly troublesome interaction. That night, I dreamed that evil forces were swarming around me as a lay in bed, I had to confess the authority I had as a believer to rebuke those spirits. I must have been talking in my sleep, because when I woke up, there was my cat, looking at me quizzically. I am scheduled to do battle with this person in the near future.

The other atheist, is a husband of a friend, who of all things, is a doctor. How can you witness miracles, and not believe? I have told them both, I am a Bible believing, hand raising, praising God with song Christian and I would pray for them.

I have been put in their paths and they in mine for a reason. Am I to witness? Should I let it be? How do you fight the devil? How do you get the devil to loose those over which he has a hold?

Lord, help me be shrewd!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, what a great post.

Anonymous said...

Girl remember when I told you about the sermon Justin remembered when we were in Orlando? I think it applies to this post. Pastor Brown told the teens...when you get a good steak and put just the right amount of seasoning on it...ummm..what a steak! But if you pour salt on it--you ruin a good piece of meat. Then he turned out all the lights in the church and turned on a flashlight and told one of the guys to come to him. Even in the dark, they walked right to the stage. The message... you are the light of the world. If you pour salt all over everything you ruin it. Just let your light shine naturally and people will KNOW just from looking at you that you are BLESSED! And when they see that...they will follow you to the light. It's the same lesson our parents taught us...lead by example and no one should have to ask questions....

on another matter..I m so sorry about Jessie Cat. He is in a better place because I believe all loved ones go to heaven and watch over us...even and especially our pets.

Love SHARI