Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Alienation and Reconcilation

Once you were alienated from God ... but now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation.-- Colossians 1:22

I think I said fasting shows you where things in your life are out of whack. I had started this fast to pray for our children. My daughter reminded me that "we don't need prayer, we're doing fine"...I had to laugh and remind her that maybe the reason they are doing fine, is that someone has been praying for them all along. I could see the light bulb go off in her head...oh yeah, that makes sense.

God has revealed to me so much that is broken in my spirit, I have so much guilt and shame over my past behavior. He is showing me what it truly means to be "bought with a price" and how to be covered in the blood.

I don't want to be like the Israelites, taking 40 years for an 11 day journey. The fast has shown me, that I too, need God's healing grace.

No comments: