Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
"Wasting away again in Margaritaville, looking for my lost shaker of salt. Some people say that there's a {wo}man to blame, but I guess it's my own damn fault." Magaritaville
With thanks to Jimmy Buffet!
Good friends, good libations, good food...what more could you ask for to celebrate hitting the half century mark. Margaritas in a bucket...what a novel idea. I had 5 or maybe 6, but who's counting? I didn't have to drive, just had to drive myself upstairs.
We are all fabulous women, sharing joys, heartaches and triumphs. Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis
Before I decided to invite a few people over, I hesitated..thinking I don't have enough furniture, my place isn't decorated like I wanted. But true friends don't care what you have; they care about YOU. So a few of my friends showed up to help me celebrate. We decided next time, we would have a slumber party!!
God did not mean for us to be alone. He even said so in Genesis. As a believer you need fellowship with other believers. Someone to lift you up when you fall. And it is just plain fun to have friends.
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment