Thursday, January 24, 2008

For I know the plans that I have for you.....

The jail you plan for me is the jail you gonna rot in. Ms Celie, The Color Purple

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life. Psalm 23:6

I had to go to court today for a procedural conference to set a trial date for my divorce. The only thing I’m requests is a division of equity. He brought out an “addendum” from his first divorce, which states that if the house is sold, the first wife gets a share. This addendum wasn’t filed with his first divorce decree. But the judge says that it’s confusing, so the ex-wife needs to be brought in to the case. I’m sure he was not expecting that. Or maybe he was. Not my issue. But when you plan to do harm to someone, you never know how it’s gonna turn out. Besides, she deserves some of that money anyway, and now she is gonna get it.

My trial date is April 11. My countdown to freedom! I am going to plan a celebration.

My fast is coming to an end. So much has been revealed to me. I have so much peace. God has said, “this battle is not yours, it’s mine” (2 Chronicles 20:15). I am learning to embrace the cross and am coming to the acceptance that there is nothing that I have done that hasn’t been washed clean by the blood of Jesus. I still have lots of issues to work on, and I now have the confidence to work them out. I no longer have fear of them and I no longer want these issues to keep me in bondage. I long for peace and for freedom.

1 comment:

~NaeSwirl~ said...

OG... this post of yours really touched me.

I am being attached on all sides and you quoted 2 Chronicles 20:15. I need to REMEMBER the battle is not mines, it the Lord's and I need to STOP trying to figure out and attempting to fix things myself. Just lay it on the alter and let God WORK!

I'll be praying for you and your situation :)

OG - Naeswirl