Monday, January 21, 2008

There must be some kind of way out of here

There must be some kind of way out of here. All Along the Watchtower, Jimi Hendrix

O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. Psalms 63:1


During this fast, God has sent some folks in my path that have spoken words of truth into my spirit.

I was thinking about looking for another job. One of the lawyers in the office left. But a person whom I respect very much and is a man who truly seeks after God, said, sometime when there is peace and no strife, then just perhaps, that is where the Lord wants us to be.

At my last job, I felt unappreciated; like a voice crying in the wilderness; trying to do the right thing, when not too many others cared. They only cared about increasing the stock price. I remember thinking, I have never worked with such ungodly people.

Then I found my current position and I have never been happier. There are lots of Christians who are unashamed to profess God in every situation. There are opportunities to witness and to be the light that God has called us to be. It is not a perfect place, but it is one where I feel at home. I put in long hours and don't mind. I am learning new things and constantly challenged.

I think I had fallen into the trap of "if there is no drama" something must be wrong. I prayed for peace, not for things to never go wrong, but for peace. And God has heard my cry.

Yesterday, I ran further and longer than I have ever run in my life, 6.58 miles, 1:20. It was a struggle, because where I live you cannot avoid hills and being on the fast, my diet isn't exactly what I would normally eat during training. I had a some gastric-intestinal distress, but I did it! All in all training is going well.

We are trying to form a relay team for the Valley of the Sun Half Marathon, March 9.



No comments: